War of Attrition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto war of attrition main site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shikamaru Nara

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shikamaru

Shikamaru

Character sheet
Village:

Shikamaru Nara Empty
PostSubject: Shikamaru Nara   Shikamaru Nara EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Name: Shikamaru Nara (Ima just put part 1 stuff, before time skip Smile)

Weight: 42 kg

Height: 152 cm

Village: Leaf

Element(s): None?

Personal Info

Family: Shikaku and Yoshina Nara

Clan: Nara

Bloodline: Shadow Extension

Tattoo(s): None

Scar(s): None

Looks: Avatar

Equipment

Weapon(s): None

Armor: Cloths

Equipment: Kunais, Shurikens, Explosive tags and wires... etc

Extra Info

Bio: As a Genin, Shikamaru Nara was the sort of unenthusiastic kid who liked to watch clouds. He preferred not to get involved in "troublesome" activities, pretending to be busy to avoid responsibility. He is fully aware of this side of his personality, and even named himself "the number one at running away" or "the number one coward". In fact, his most commonly used phrase is "how troublesome" in the Japanese version, and "what a drag" in the English version.
However, when duty calls, Shikamaru has a strong moral compass and sense of commitment to his comrades. Even though, by his own testimony, he lacks bravery, he will sacrifice himself and face almost certain death for the sake of his friends or villagers without a second thought. In short, he is the very definition of how a leader should be like, and it is for his raw leadership skill why he was the first Genin from the rookie 9 to become a Chunin. The weight of the decisions he must make as a Chunin and, thus, team leader have caused Shikamaru to mature rapidly. This was most evident after the death of Asuma; he vowed to protect and later mentor Asuma's unborn child, so that he could grow up to be a "cool adult" like Asuma. Shikamaru's sense of duty and commitment to the future of his village is also reflected in his willingness to enforce Konoha 11's recent decision to stop Sasuke at all cost, even in the face of potential objections on behalf of the original members of Team 7.
Shikamaru loves to play thinking games that older men are usually into, such as Shogi and Go (His teacher, Asuma, even said at one point "That kid is like an old man. He likes to take things slowly"). He is a brilliant strategist, and the Hokage often seeks his advice on defense strategies[1] and though his former sensei, Asuma Sarutobi, often played against Shikamaru, Asuma had never actually managed to beat him. Asuma became suspicious upon realizing that Shikamaru was so good at board games, despite his abysmal grades. As a result, Asuma administered an IQ test disguised as a game to Shikamaru, which revealed that Shikamaru was beyond a genius, with an IQ of over 200. Sakura once states Shikamaru as being the smartest person in the Fire Country.[2] During the Chunin exams, even the Daimyo was impressed by his intelligence and offered him to join his personal guard. Shikamaru had felt that even moving his pencil in class was a bother, and always slept through tests, resulting in his low grades. Nevertheless, his great wisdom and strategic expertise balanced his shortcomings.
Shikamaru's most distinctive character trait is that he considers most women bossy and "troublesome", particularly Temari, his mother, and Ino. He usually defines them as aggressive, demanding, and sometimes even scary. Given his mother's tyrannical personality, this isn't too surprising; however, his father shares the exact same attitude, despite marrying her in the first place. When Shikamaru questioned his father why he would marry such a domineering woman, his father responded that even the toughest woman will show her gentle side to the man she loves. Nevertheless, Shikamaru is generally courteous to women, doing them favors and avoiding fights with them. Despite the latter point, he exclusively fought against women during Part I of the manga.
Besides this attitude, he has expressed a notably mature interest in marriage and raising a family; on the subject, he hopes to "marry someone who is not too ugly and not too pretty. Have two children, first a girl, then a boy. Retire after my daughter is married and my son becomes a successful ninja, and spend the rest of my life playing Shogi or Go. Then die of old age before my wife."

Rp sample: Shikamaru sighed and got up. He was tired of laying down watching clouds, he wanted to play Shogi with Asuma sensei, or maybe Neji or some other good player. Shikamaru sighed and went into the gates of the Leaf, waving to the guardians, Shikamaru spotted Naruto... 'Shit' he thought. Naruto was running towards him recklessley, obviously recklessley because of the people he was crashing into every second. "Hey Shikamaru!!!" Naruto shouted. This drawed alot of attention, people looking at Naruto and Shikamaru. Shikamaru sighed, seeing that Naruto couldn't stop running, He quickly used Shadow hands jutsu to stop him. "Whatdya want Naruto" Shikamaru asked. Naruto panted, he was obviously trying to say something but it wouldn't come out his Mouth. Shikamaru let go of the shadow, Naruto raised a hand, holding a coupon at 'Ichiraku's Ramen' or so it said. "You want me to come?" Shikamaru guessed, Naruto nodded. Then they both walked to the Shop...

30 minutes later, after eating their ramen:

Shikamaru got up "well im leaving, cya Naruto" Shikamaru said, "WAIT!" Naruto shouted, Shikamaru turned around "What..." He asked, Naruto then looked down at his own feet shyly "well... i was in need of some advice... I know i have the Kyuubi and all... but i think i hurt sakura with it because she wont talk to me... any advice?" Naruto asked, Shikamaru sighed, he didn't like relationships, they thought they go to bad and women are to troublesome. Shikamaru then looked at Naruto "go to Ino's flower shop, and buy her some Sakuras... best advice i can give you" Shikamaru then turned back around and left the Shop.
Back to top Go down
Gamma Akutabi
S-Ranked Ninja
Gamma Akutabi

Character sheet
Village: Village of Flame

Shikamaru Nara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shikamaru Nara   Shikamaru Nara EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

My only problem is that you have your element as none. You don't have to necessarily use it since your jutsu's will be shadow-based, but should you decide in the future to have an elemental jutsu you will be free to have one. Also, when you rank up you also gain the ability to gain more elements.
Back to top Go down

Shikamaru Nara
Page 1 of 1