War of Attrition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto war of attrition main site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The short journey to waterfall?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader
Kyra

Character sheet
Village: Syndicate Leader

The short journey to waterfall? Empty
PostSubject: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:17 am

OCC: Continued from Beginning of a journey to find the murderer.

"So how long will it take us to reach the village of the waterfall?, he asked Rika, who still held the map somewhere in her pack. As he spoke they crested yet another hill and a thick forest that stretched all the way to the horizon appeared. On the other side lay the village of the waterfall.

Probably evening tomorrow we should be there. At the latest 2 days.

She had it memorized ahead of time she knew the area well from her travels.

He turned to kenshi and asked, "have you ever been camping? because it looks like that's what we're doing tonight."

Kenshi looked over at cloud.

No... I haven't.

Minor conversation took place time to time. Getting to know each other and such since there was nothing really to do but talk. It was around 3 pm when a strange man came. He look around the age of 25 well kept. Clean and middle class clothing. He was walking from the other direction thee was a simple smile on his face. Eventually we meet.

Ah, other travelers. Its nice to meet other people. Especially traveling alone for so long. So where may you be traveling?

Rika stepped forward.

We are on our way to the Waterfall village for the tournament.

Oh really?

He then thought, "How lucky. To run into competition that I can get rid of before they actually arrive."

Yes. All of us are on their own quest. But we all have a similar desire to become stronger.

Cloud stepped up now.

Yes it was my idea to go to the waterfall village tournament and it is my goal to travel to every village to become stronger. Rika here is looking for her parents murder. Ah, I am Cloud by the way. This is Kenshi.

Kenshi stepped up this time.

Yes I am with them for power. To gain the cursed seal. Also to train my bloodline.

Oh? A cursed seal sounds a little evil to me. What an interesting group I have ran into. Ah! Yes I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Oki Akishiro.

What an interesting name.

Ahaha. A lot of people say that. I am from the village of the moon. I am here for the tournament. But I am looking for something in this area a person. Have you seen her by any chance?

Oki thought "Hmm I will have to take these people out they seem like they are going to be a threat later on. I should probably use my genjutsu on the girl. They wouldn't expect her. I am really looking for no one it was all a lie! My real reason to be out here is to take out the competition!."

No we haven't.

Ah... I see what a shame. Mind if I travel with you guys for awhile. You seem like a realiable group. Also don't worry I have my own supplies.

Last edited by Rika Mizuko on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader
Kyra

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 am

I can't seem to find that girl anywhere! She must have returned back to waterfall.

Rika looked over at him.

Who are you looking for exactly?

Ah... My sister she ran off suddenly. I don't know why. Someone pointed me this direction. But alas... To no avail.

Cloud's mind was shifting from subject to subject. "This man said he was from the Moon village. Judging by his age I should have been there when he was. I have a good memory of most of the families there... Yet I haven't heard that name before." He looked over at Oki.

You said you were from moon village correct?

Oki flinched and his expression changed. He knew he was lying about his history he was really from the village of mist. He was an expert genjutsu user from there.

Ah... My family wasn't well heard of. But yes I am from moon village. My family was nothing special just one of those families that was part of the background.

Cloud was suspicious of this because of how much he was covering it up. But... Cloud decided to ignore his suspicion.

Hmmm... I grew up there. Anyways you are welcome to travel with us. For however long you need to.

Oki felt relieved cleared of suspicion hopefully.

Ah, don't worry I will probably be gone today or tomorrow. I don't want to cause you guys any problems.

The day passed on without anything eventful happening. There was conversation going on of course of random things. Eventually evening came.

Ok I think this is a good place to rest for the day.

Oki's face changed to a smile and he looked back at the group

Ahh... I don't plan to stop here. I will see you guys later!

Cloud, Rika, and Kenshi said bye at the same time and waved him off while they started to set up camp.

Oki continued to walk on past them waving behind him. after a few minutes away from them he sighed.

Now is a better time than any to execute my plan. Hopefully she will be able to kill them. Then I should be able to take care of her easy.

He grinned then began laughing like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader
Kyra

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:07 am

Oki's plans were simple. It was to make the girl turn against her friends and kill them. This would be a simple task with the genjutsu he is used to using. During his days in the village of the mist he was used to take out enemy ninjas or troops by turning them against each other. He enjoyed watching friendships and allies turn against each other so easily. This would be no exception. He wanted to win this tournament for himself he needed the prize money and the fame. He needed to become famous and get a lot of money. He didn't want to be a nobody anymore. He was used to being cold and ripping friends apart. He now put down his pack and pull out some beads that would amplify his power so he could make no error. He sighed.

This should be easy. I will let no one get in my way. The easiest way would to wipe out the competition with barely lifting a finger. Let them dispute amongst themselves. Friend against friend. Hopefully this idiotic girl is strong enough. From as far as I could tell she was a ninja from the village of Oni. So she most have a certain level of skill. The other two seemed to be ninja as well. But it shouldn't pose a threat since only she will see the illusion and they will be caught off guard. She will be my tool. If I do this right I can even use her afterwards and bring her to my side. After all this is just another game to me.

He held his beads in hand. It was necessary not to make a sound and get outta and be positioned in the right place so he could watch the betrayal and follow the girl to make her become his pawn.

Back at the camp they had a campfire going and food positioned above it. Rika was cooking some dinner for them to eat. She wanted everyone to be at full strength for the tournament. Sleeping bags were out as well one for each of them. The fire started to dim.

Hey do you two mind gathering firewood really quick?

Yeah sure... No problem.

Hey Cloud you go that way I will go this way.

Alright.

Thank you!

They both split up in both directions into the forest.

On top of a tree barely outside their camp was Oki. Hidden very well. He grinned.

Now is a better time then ever. The way they left the camp as well I can make it look like it was planned between them.

He started to hand signs.

Let you dream a dream that will shatter you into hate!

He finished and chakra flowed creating a nightmare through Rika's eyes.

Tonight is beautiful. The stars shine brightly.

She sighed. She heard a sound all of a sudden from both sides of her.

Come out!

A kunai came out flying towards her. She jumped back quickly dodging it.

Attacking when I am alone! What a shameful act attacking a girl all alone! At least show yourself

Aww... I thought she would be off gaurd! Why couldn't you just get hit. It would have been way easier.

Kenshi and Cloud came out from both sides of her. She gasped.

Whats the meaning of this?!

Oh right... You thought we were your friends? No no... We were only using you for a place to stay and food. You would make a great warm up before the tournament. Also it worked out for us because now we don't have to pay for supplies even!

So what saving me was just to use me?!

Exactly.

Afterwards when Cloud came to town he came to me and told me of his plan. You see we needed supplies and we really did not feel like paying for them. And you see your over generosity would work to our advantage. I had to purposely get hurt to get into your house without arousing suspicion. Lemme tell you... It hurt. Then from there we went to the dojo to figure out the rest of our plan to use you. We were suppose to kill you without any problems... But judging since you dodged that you are a little more skilled than we thought.

I TRUSTED BOTH OF YOU!!! I LET BOTH OF YOU INTO MY HOME! I SHARED MY STORY WITH BOTH OF YOU!

Tears were flowing down her face. Then the voices came. Cloud's and Kenshi's faces had hideous smiles on them.

My dear... Your friends are traitors. Kill them... Kill them... KILL THEM ALL!!!

Her head was pounding at this time the illusion dispersed and Cloud and Kenshi returned with fire wood to see Rika on the ground holding her head crying.

Whats wrong?!

They both dropped the fire wood and rushed towards her. At this time the voices rang in her head.

Here they come... Show them a nightmare that they will not live through!

She stood up face down she started to glow and Cloud and Kenshi stopped.

Whats going on?

Up in the trees Oki was watching with intriguing eyes.

This should be interesting to watch! I haven't seen something this interesting in awhile.

Horns forming down the sides of her head took a ghostly shape. Then a solid form. Then a devil's tail appeared as well.

WELCOME TO HELL! This is my true form. I am going to kill you all now! I will teach you for betraying our master.

Rika no longer had control anymore. She released more power than she could control normally.

What the?! I thought Rika didn't have a bloodline!

Rika grinned. Tears were still flowing freely. She pointed at Kenshi.

I am going to kill you first! Since you are already weakened by your wounds!

Rika with her sword ready charged at Kenshi at an amazing speed that was way above her level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 am

Cloud returned from gathering firewood with an armful of medium sized sticks just in time to see Rika collapse in tears. Alarmed, He dropped his bundle and rushed to her side. He heard a gasp and saw Caleb running from the pother direction, clearly concerned as well.

"Rika, are you alright? What happened?"
Cloud asked, trying to get her to look up at him so he could check for any injuries.
What happened next was something that would give Cloud nightmares for weeks. Rika stood, her face cast in shadows as she did.
"Are you alr-", Cloud stopped in shock, seeing horns materialize on her head and then a tail soon after wards.

Rika's head then snapped upwards, glaring at them with a mad fury. "WELCOME TO HELL! This is my true form. I am going to kill you all now! I will teach you for betraying our master." Both Cloud and Kenshi recoiled, a terrible chill running down Clouds spine as Rika spoke, but in a voice that didn't belong to her.

"What the?! I thought Rika didn't have a bloodline!" Kenshi exclaimed, just as freaked out as Cloud was.
Rika grinned. Tears were still flowing freely. She pointed at Kenshi. I am going to kill you first! Since you are already weakened by your wounds! Rika, with her sword ready charged at Kenshi at an amazing speed that was way above her level.

Cloud barely reacted in time. Drawing his own sword and lunging at the same time he brought his blade crashing down on Rika's, driving both points into the ground at their fee and with his free hand pushing Caleb out of her reach. But a moment later Rika punched Cloud with her free hand, hitting him square in the chest. Cloud's vision blurred on impact and a moment later he was sent flying backwards by a second punch even more vicious than the first, sword still in hand. he hit one tree, two trees, three trees before finally coming to a stop, his head spinning and his whole body crying out in pain.

Drawing ragged breaths Cloud tried to stand but his body refused to respond, still in shock from the sudden blows. "What the hell is going on here?" he grunted between breaths. He couldn't see either Caleb or Rika, he had been thrown too far away. "God dammit, move!" he shouted at his body as it slowly came back under his control and he began forcing himself to his feet, using his sword to keep him standing.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage
Kenshi Orekami

Character sheet
Village: Oni

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Kenshi returned from collecting firewood and saw rika on the ground in tears. Putting his bundle of logs down he ran over to rika while cloud had also arrived and committed the same thing. Before he could reach her cloud was there first and said. "Rika, are you alright? What happened?" Then she looked up and kenshi was frightened she looked up her face covered in shadows and kenshi felt a ominous air of danger from her. He heard cloud say "Are you alr-" Before cloud could finish rika had stood and on her head where horns. The next thing for her to say pushed kenshi into slight shock. "WELCOME TO HELL! This is my true form. I am going to kill you all now! I will teach you for betraying our master."
She then said something to kenshi but fear had gripped all of his bodily abilities.

This couldnt be happening could it? Rika claimed she had no bloodline, she claimed to be their friend but now this. It was a huge shock to kenshi, he was almost to the point of being unnable to move. In his shock rika had attacked him and cloud had suffered for it. Cloud jumped in front of kenshi and took two hits before being thrown by the second punch into a line of trees. Kenshi snapped himself back to reality, rika had become a foe and he was going to stop her. Taking out his claws kenshi rushed at rika and sliced at her head. Her speed was unhear of to him and in a instant she ducked uner the slash to then kick him in the stomach and into a tree. Groaning in pain from his previous injuries coupled onto this one he tried to roll to the ground but instead he elt a kick make contact with his head and he was sent flieing into the trees soon hitting a stop.

The world was spinning and kenshi was hurt. Coughing up blood he looked at rika and said "Rika stop before I have to kill you.." This was an empty threat as kenshi had to little power to face her currently but he could put up a fight. Rika growled and in an instant she had appeared above him aiming a kick down at kenshi. Putting up his claws to protect himself her kick met his bone and he felt his arms break. Falling to the ground he was in shock and coughing up blood. He was going to die if she didnt stop soon
Back to top Go down
https://narutowoa.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 pm

Rika swung her blade down at kenshi in a killing blow but her blade was halted once again. under her blade Cloud stood, tears flowing freely down his cheeks, his sword held vertical with one hand on the hilt and one on the end if the blade supporting it under the weight of Rika's own sword.

"Stop this! Who are you and what have you done with Rika!?" Cloud shouted desperately, still struggling against Rika's blade.
In response, rika raised her blade and for a moment Cloud thought he had gotten through to her, but then she brought it down on Clouds blade again, sending a tremendous shudder through his body. Then she she struck again and again. Cloud groaned, his whole body protesting- telling him to move or dodge, but if he did that then Caleb would be killed.

With his arms on the verge of giving in he shouted out desperately, "RIKA!"
Back to top Go down
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader
Kyra

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:25 am

Rika swung her blade down at kenshi in a killing blow but her blade was halted once again. under her blade Cloud stood, tears flowing freely down his cheeks, his sword held vertical with one hand on the hilt and one on the end if the blade supporting it under the weight of Rika's own sword.

"Stop this! Who are you and what have you done with Rika!?" Cloud shouted desperately, still struggling against Rika's blade.
In response, rika raised her blade and for a moment Cloud thought he had gotten through to her, but then she brought it down on Clouds blade again, sending a tremendous shudder through his body. Then she she struck again and again. Cloud groaned, his whole body protesting- telling him to move or dodge, but if he did that then Caleb would be killed.

With his arms on the verge of giving in he shouted out desperately, "RIKA!"

She continued to hammer away down at Cloud. Then voices that sounded like 4 or 5 voices together came out of Rika.

If your really must know... This is Rika! We are only doing this to protect her. You are the ones who decided to betray her and attempt to kill her. So with that piece of information. Can you rest happy now? We are only killing you two because she couldn't bear it to do it her self! We have no idea why we are explaining this to you. Since you are the ones who committed betrayal. With that we shall kill you now.

She stopped hammering away at Cloud's sword and kicked him away sending him flying into a tree and slowly sliding down. His sword now on the ground. She now turned on the seriously wounded Kenshi.

Goodnight traitor!

She walked up to him and kick him upwards sending him up into the air. She then jumped up above him and Elbowed him down sending him back to the ground. He flew and hit the ground hard.

That should be the end of traitor number one. Now... Where was number two again. Ah! Right I remember now.

She walked over to the tree with a Cloud that was bleeding from his mouth even. He was slowly trying to get up. As he was doing so she walked up and picked him up by the neck. She first swung his body into the tree breaking it. Then swung him downwards into the ground creating a small crator with the impact.

Tsh... Traitors with our master how despicable. She is lucky she has us. Thats the second time we have saved her.

Up in the trees above. Oki was in shock with he just saw. She just slaughtered them ruthlessly. People who were once her friend. She was dangerous. There was no way he could take her out so easy.

Time to work my magic. I will create her into a wonderful pawn.

Back on the ground Rika's demon features disappeared and her body slumped down she sat at the tree for awhile. She was crying heavily. She just killed two people she believed were her friends. Then she heard more footsteps.

Whos there?!

Oki came out into their camp with all the destruction. His face looked shocked.

What happened here?!

They attacked me... And tried to kill me. Apparently they were using me. Then after that I just blacked out and they were dead. But... I know I was the one who did it.

There was still shock on his face. He always was a top notch actor when he needed it. He came up to her and put his jacket around her.

Don't worry everything will be fine. I will help you. Who would have thought? You guys seemed to have gotten along very well when I met you.

Wait... Oki why did you come back?

I heard noise, screams, trees falling, and clashing. I decided to come back to help you guys if you were in trouble. I didn't expect this. At least your alright... Here lemme help you pack your things. I will travel with you to waterfall village. Don't worry I won't betray you. I have no reason to betray you. I am doing well on my own. But... After what just happened I can't let you be alone. I am here for you... You aren't alone. I will help you out this must hurt a lot so come with me. It would be best if you talked it out with me of what happened.

He got up and packed her stuff up and carried the bags. It was a small price to pay to get her to become his pawn. All he has to do now is treat her kindly for awhile and make her become dependent on him. A smile crept upon his face. "I did not expect her to be so strong." They then walked off together after everything was packed.. He held her steady and held the bags. They walked a decent distance away and set up camp at least a good thirty minutes away from where the event took place. Since it was best to be a decent distance away so she could breathe easier and think a lot calmer.

So much left to do. If I do this just right she will easily become my pawn. Well until of course when I don't need her. I will probably kill her in her sleep. I am still impressed on what I saw. I am kind of curios on what she is though as well. Who cares though I will have her power under my control soon.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage
Kenshi Orekami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Kenshi was in pain...his arms felt like snapped twigs and his he felt even sicker. Coughing up blood before rika left was the last thing he did before blacking out. It was cold and lonely, He felt betrayed and hurt..the hurting was obvious. It felt as if hours of days passed before he once again awoke. Dry blood was in the grass next to him and his arms hurt terribly. Letting out a huge scream kenshi brought his knee's up to his chest and pushed himself up. He began to wonder about cloud. Looking around he searched for his friend and saw a small crator. He knew who was in it instantly upon observation. "CLOUD!!!" kenshi screamed as he pushed himself up with his legs. Rushing over to the crator he looked inside and saw a horrible sight.

Cloud was laying there dried blood on his face and not to far away by a broken tree was his sword. Sliding down into the crator kenshi screamed once again "CLOUD!!" He feared the worse, he feared that his friend might be dead. Kenshi dropped to his knees and looked over his friend, he hoped for the best. Putting his head to cloud's chest he listened for breathing or a heartbeat. The breathing was small and the heartbeat was fast. Kenshi sighed with relief as he knew his friend wasnt dead. Using his Bloodline to cover the missing bone in his arm for a short time he picked up cloud and with a heavy limp carried him back to the camp. Kenshi placed cloud on the ground and found some water in one of their packs. Taking it out he ran over to cloud and splashed it on the unconcious man. Then making him drink some kenshi decided to take a few sips himself as he was exhausted. Shaking cloud kenshi said "Cloud wake up!! hurry! we have to find rika!! CLOUD WAKE UP!!" He stopped shaking cloud and sat down waiting to see if his friend woke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:37 am

Cloud lay in the darkness of unconsciousness following the second beating he received from that 'thing' which he refused to believe was his friend Rika. But in the midst of all that had happened something had changed within Cloud. No, something had returned to him and now he was reliving something that was best left forgotten.

It was the night of the lunar eclipse three years ago and Cloud had wanted desperately to go outside but he was denied, instead being stuck inside. his parents had insisted it was for his own good and that one day he would understand why but Cloud ignored them, hating them for keeping him locked up when all he wanted to do was see something that only happened once a year. his only comfort had been his sister who was eleven at the time.

The night dragged on and periodically someone would come to make sure he was inside and away from the windows, much to his confusion and childish anger. It was ten minutes to midnight and he had been told that the eclipse was due to end at one minute past the hour. His resolve firm, he marched to the front door, his hand on the knob as he hesitated. Then the door opened and his parents both stood there, shocked to see him standing there.

Over their shoulders Cloud stared in awe, they both turned to see what he was looking at and he heard them both scream in horror.
That was the last time he had seen his parents alive, and their terrified screams was what he had to remember them by because suddenly cloud was alone in the middle of the kitchen with the mutilated bodies of his parents at his feet, blood was dripping from the roof and trickling down the walls and Clouds hands were covered... covered in his parents blood...

The memory subsided and Cloud fell away into darkness once more, but now a voice came to him.
"Cloud, I failed to protect you once, and I very nearly failed twice. I will not fail a third time..."

Cloud snapped back to reality to find that he was being shaken and yelled at by a very distressed kenshi. for a moment Cloud was lost, unsure where he was. then everything came back and he went slack.
Upon seeing Cloud awaken Kenshi stopped shaking him and allowed him to stand. "We have to find Rika" he said, almost pleading. Cloud saw that he had dried blood covering his face and he assumed he looked much the same.

"Yeah, your right, we have to go save Rika" Cloud said, every word causing a stab of pain in his chest. He took a few shaky steps before slumping against a tree and sliding to a sitting position. he could tell already that he had surely fractured at least one rib but he decided against mentioning it to kenshi who already had enough to worry about.

Instead he took a slow breath and steeled himself against the pain to come, "Could you go and get some more water, we need to wash up or we'll look like bandits." he paused, taking small sharp breaths between his teeth before continuing. "Get some of the bandages and some strong sticks for me if you could"

he then allowed his eyes to close and concentrated on breathing slowly and steadily.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage
Kenshi Orekami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 am

Kenshi leaned his head back his chakra was running up with his Bloodline. He decided the best action was to save what he had left and deactivated his bloodline. His arms felt like noodles, Forcing himself up he nodded to Cloud and began to walk down to a creek. Dragging with him was a large bucket to carry water, suppose it wouldnt hurt to use it once more. The lake he arrived at was crystal clear, no fish and no other people. Deciding one bath wouldnt hurt he jumped into the water after filling the bucket and placing it near the coast. The water was cool and the area was beautiful but he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Like something bad or well worse then what had already gone on was going to happen. As if he was going to die or cloud was....he wasnt sure but he knew somebody was going to die. Suddenly a small fish swam by and Kenshi thought of eating it. He decided not to and got out of the lake. Shaking off the water he used his Bloodline and picked the bucket up. The walk back felt like an hour's walk. Of course it might have been with that heavy bucket dragging him down. Cloud was in the same place as before with a sad look on him. Putting the bucket near him he let out a sigh of pain and threw cloud some bandages and sticks before deactivating his Bloodline and dropping to his knee's his broken arms lay by his side and his head fell to the dirt. He was hungry tired sad and hurt.

Cloud had a worried look on his face and kenshi said "Hey cloud, do you ever feel as if something bad or well worse then what has already happen will happen? like someone dieing after we find rika...heh i wouldnt be surprised if it was me seeing as she had already destroyed us both" Kenshi tried to push himself up with his arms but the pain was unbearable. Lifitng himself with his legs alone he didnt let cloud know of his arms this was the last place they needed to stop and attend to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:13 am

Cloud looked up as kenshi returned carrying a large bucket of water and the bandages he had asked for and was about to thank him when a strange sensation spread throughout his body... his eyes drifted closed for the briefest of moments...

Archon opened his eyes and as he had feared Clouds body was heavily damaged and there was far from adequate medical facilities to properly treat him. Then Clouds companion spoke to him, "Hey cloud, do you ever feel as if something bad or well worse then what has already happen will happen? like someone dieing after we find Rika... heh I wouldn't be surprised if it was me seeing as she had already destroyed us both"

Unsure of exactly what Cloud would say to that he simply said, "that's is a self fulfilling prophecy, if you believe that it will happen then it will most likely happen." Pushing himself to his feet and ignoring Clouds pain he stripped down and washed off all the dried blood and using the bandages he wrapped his entire upper body tightly, staunching the wounds and serving to keep his fractured ribs from moving about. he then dressed himself and went to collect his sword, as he reached it and was well out of Kenshi's hearing range he whispered to himself, "I'm here to help you bear the burden... master." his eyes drifted shut and once again.

Cloud looked around for a moment to get his bearings, it looked like he'd gone to get his sword and had a daydream. Turning back to Kenshi he noticed he had been bandaged under his clothes and had washed. "Thanks Kenshi, now lets go find Rika"

he was still sore and stiff but he could manage a brisk walk well enough. they emptied out their packs, keeping only a sleeping bag each, food and water before setting off once again. Rika had left the map to the waterfall village behind, which struck Cloud as being odd since she shouldn't know the way without it. Then, as they joined the main trail Cloud stopped abruptly, seeing two sets of footprints leading on ahead.

"Kenshi... there was someone else here last night", he said slowly.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage
Kenshi Orekami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 am

Cloud's answer to his question was quite odd to kenshi he was starting to get used to odd things such as that happening. "that's is a self fulfilling prophecy, if you believe that it will happen then it will most likely happen." Kenshi thought on this and then dismissed it. If someone was going to die it would be whoever is responsible for making rika attack them. Then cloud went off to the forest and kenshi had no idea what he was doing. But he used the time to himself wisely and Found a little bit of food in the pack. It was only a half piece of bread he had saved but it gave him some of his needed energy back. Then cloud returned and said to kenshi "Thanks Kenshi, now lets go find Rika"

Kenshi nodded to this and they both left off only bringing each a sleeping bag food and water. Cloud was directing them through the forest in search of rika and Kenshi just stay fixed to not hurt his arms any further. It was not long to kenshi before they stopped and kenshi almost slammed into cloud. Before he could yell cloud said something to him "Kenshi... there was someone else here last night" This struck kenshi hard. He had not thought of someone being with rika already. Kenshi looked to cloud and said "Well...um could it be rika? i dont know anybody that was with her last night but then again neither of us saw her much last night before she knocked us out...who do you think it is." The tracks led on down the trail in easy unison. Before cloud could answer him kenshi began down the main trail noce more following the tracks as they went along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Kenshi moved past Cloud, following the tracks at a faster pace than he had before, forcing Cloud to break into a fast walk to keep near him, as they went the tracks never faded, or if they did it was only for a couple of meters and from the way the two sets of footprints went it indicated Rika was following someone else.

reluctantly Cloud thought through all of the possible reasons for this and came up with the two most likely. She could have been taken prisoner by someone, or she had willingly went along with whoever it was- a friend? a family member? a lover?
All these things were racing through his mind as they continued walking, with only the knowledge that Rika was heading towards the village of the waterfall to guide them

Suddenly Cloud remembered something. "Kenshi! do you remember we met someone yesterday who said he was the from the village of the moon and he said that he was looking for his daughter?" kenshi stooped and turned, nodding slightly as he waited for Cloud to elaborate.

"Well, what if Rika was that daughter? i mean, I didn't recognize his family name from the village of the moon, so what if he is really an Oni ninja?" Cloud thought about it for a few more seconds and then said, remembering the sadness on her face the few times they had talked about subjects relating to her parents. No, that had been real... "I think that guy might have something to do with Rika's dissapearance", Cloud concluded, waiting for Kenshi's opinion of his theory
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage
Kenshi Orekami

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 am

The claims cloud made were ludacris. No way could that shinobi be apart of Rika's dissappearence, But it would make sense. Gripping his head kenshi let out a grunt as he tried to think of cloud's proposal. Could rika have actually gone off with some strange? it seemed strange but stranger has happened. With a sigh of sadness Kenshi turned to cloud and said "Something to do with her dissappearnece? Im not sure cloud....well maybe he might even be responsible for rika attacking us...but thats just a hope. Guess we should follow these footsteps then..." With that Kenshi turned around and began to walk down the path following the Footsteps.

Eventually the sun began to set and the tracks turned into the wood. Beckoning cloud to follow he travelled into the forest. Looking behind him where cloud was he said "Do you think that rika is here? these tracks seem to be the same as the one on the trail but i dont really know.." Suddenly stopping he waited for cloud to respond or for them to hear something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:05 am

"Do you think that Rika is here? these tracks seem to be the same as the one on the trail but i don't really know.." Suddenly stopping he waited for cloud to respond or for them to hear something. Cloud just shook his head sadly, "these tracks aren't old yet, but judging from the map they would have just about reached the waterfall village by now."

In the fading light Cloud looked down and saw that blood had begun to soak through his bandages. They continued on until it was the verge of nightfall and Cloud could now feel the blood trickling down his body. he knew there were no fresh bandages since Rika or her mysterious partner had taken them and if he stopped moving he didn't know if he would be able to get up again.

Squinting at the map he made a decision, partly to cover up his weakness and also in hopes of catching up with Rika sooner. "Kenshi, we should keep moving until we reach the village, I'm guessing that Rika has at least a 6 hour head start, but if we continue moving we can make up at least a couple of hours and reach the village before dawn."

Without waiting for a response he steeled himself for the last leg of the journey and kept walking straight ahead, leaving kenshi no choice but to follow. He knew it would be tough on him to keep going without rest, but he knew it would be a whole lot tougher if he had an incapacitated cloud to care for as well.

As the hours drew on Cloud felt his strength steadily declining. His breathing became more and more labored and his blood began to seep into his shoes and if there had been any light then a trail of blood would have been visible. hie chest ached and he began to feel fatigued. Kenshi had remained quiet this whole time and Cloud had no idea if he knew how much Cloud was struggling but he couldn't dwell on that since he was now fighting to keep his eyes open and walk in a straight line, his feet makign a gentle squelching sound due to the fresh blood in his shoes

Two hours later Cloud knew he was at his limit, his clothes heavy with his own blood and his body unable to go any further he stumbled going up a small rise and collapsing, instantly he lost consciousness, unable to fight off the effects of fatigue and blood loss any longer. The last thing Cloud saw and heard as he fell was lights roughly a kilometer away and Kenshi's shout of alarm. then everything went blank.

To be continued in the village of the waterfall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The short journey to waterfall?   The short journey to waterfall? Empty

Back to top Go down

The short journey to waterfall?
Page 1 of 1