Naruto war of attrition main site

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Beginning of a journey to find the murder

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet
Village: Oni

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:07 am

Smiling at her he nodded and said "Well my bloodline is of the orekami family and well it is a good bit unknown to me what it is exactly" Puttign up his hand he winced for a moment as he concentrated and the skin on his hand seemed to recede and bone came out, his fingers where formed into claws and his flesh resided under his bone. Once it finished he showed it to her and said "This is part of it, so far i can also make my body more protected in certain areas, As for the cursed seal...well they say an ancient Akumakage had Cursed a warrior because the warrior had been given a gift by the tenshi, This akumakage was said to have been so angry he sealed his own fate by transforming his darkness and his life into a curse seal into a condemned warrior named baluski and this warrior became immortal because of it, Thats all i know for now but i wish to find this baluski and obtain that seal of power, and finally my injuries are fine, its not that strange for me to be sent on dangerous missions with my team so i am used to beatings" With that he took in a deep breath as he had finished talking, he then looked back up with a smile on his face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutowoa.forumotion.net
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader

Character sheet
Village: Syndicate Leader

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:54 am

"This is part of it, so far i can also make my body more protected in certain areas, As for the cursed seal...well they say an ancient Akumakage had Cursed a warrior because the warrior had been given a gift by the tenshi, This akumakage was said to have been so angry he sealed his own fate by transforming his darkness and his life into a curse seal into a condemned warrior named baluski and this warrior became immortal because of it, Thats all i know for now but i wish to find this baluski and obtain that seal of power, and finally my injuries are fine, its not that strange for me to be sent on dangerous missions with my team so i am used to beatings" With that he took in a deep breath as he had finished talking, he then looked back up with a smile on his face

(OCC: I do have a bloodline just in case you don't know... Its just my character does not want to release that information.)

Interesting... I have been gone for four years... I vaguely remember much from before I was gone as well. Also that is an interesting bloodline. Your bloodline seems painful as well... I have none. Anyways... You're a genin as well. I am too... So you seek immortality? Judging from your story or am I wrong? So why do you seek this for anyways? by the way I am surprised to see such a unique character here. You have an interesting quest. Seeking immortality or power or whatever it is your looking for. By the way do you have any parents or family I can get in contact with. Because we will probably be leaving soon depending on what Cloud here needs to get done here. Also you should be fine and heal perfectly. So you shouldn't worry. Sorry for not letting you answer anything... I seem to do this a lot.

She laughs nervously. Then goes over to a seat and sits down facing Kenshi.

Last edited by Rika Mizuko on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

A bit shocked by the barrage of questions he took another breathe and said to rika.
"Well not exactly immortality, more along the lines of power...I wish to have it so i can defend myself better...as you see im not quite good at doing that...as for family....no i dont have any family...My family died off 2 years ago, as far as i know im the only surviving member its not that bad either way and also...I suppose i might be a strange person to live here but in the end all I want are a few things in life" Bowing his head he quited completly at the thought of his family and the night they died
Back to top Go down
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:11 am

A bit shocked by the barrage of questions he took another breathe and said to rika.
"Well not exactly immortality, more along the lines of power...I wish to have it so i can defend myself better...as you see im not quite good at doing that...as for family....no i don't have any family...My family died off 2 years ago, as far as i know i'm the only surviving member its not that bad either way and also...I suppose i might be a strange person to live here but in the end all I want are a few things in life" Bowing his head he quited completely at the thought of his family and the night they died

I'm sorry to hear that... At least your not as bad as me... I lost two families.

She said this to lighten up the mood even though it affected her negatively. She looked over to Cloud.

So what should we do with him? We can let him stay here until we leave but after that... I can't do much and I can't let him stay here on his own. Sorry but I just met you so I can't really trust someone I just met in my home by their self.

She said this not to hurt his feelings in anyway. Its perfectly normal to not trust someone like that.

Anyways I will let Cloud decide what to do with you. I am gonna go pull out another bed since I assume you will be staying the night.

She walked out to get another bed and unrolled it next to the bed in the spare bedroom. She walked back into the room with Cloud and Kenshi.

It isn't anything special its just a roll up mattress with a cover I hope you don't mind Cloud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:10 am

Cloud sighed, Rika was right, they couldn't leave him in her house by himself and sending him back into town was hardly any better and Rika was leaving the decision with him. Great.

Sighing, cloud could only come to one conclusion. "Well, he is a ninja... we could always take him with us" he said slowly, working out how it would work as he went. "But its up to him and we'd have to see his level of ability or he could just become a burden if he really cant protect himself."

Turning to Rika he said, "So where did you say that dojo of yours was? I think a test is in order"

Cloud hoped this was the right thing to do. He didn't want to leave the kid behind only to be bullied and possibly die, but he didn't want to be a baby sitter either. he thought back to all the times he had made his grandfather take him places and suddenly he knew how he must have felt.

Last edited by Cloud Sykes on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyra
Syndicate Leader
Syndicate Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:20 am

Turning to Rika he said, "So where did you say that dojo of yours was? I think a test is in order"

Umm, its out back... But... Hes hurt... A lot... So he has to be up for it. Well out back I mean exit out the back door and follow the path way.

Hands cloud the lamp again.

There is lights inside one in each corner. They are all oil lamps. So use the fire from this lamp to light them.

She looks at Kenshi with a worried look.

So are you up to it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:45 am

A small smile lit up on kenshi's face and he lifted his head up to face rika, with a bright smile he answered her "Yes Im up to it, just lead me to the dojo, and also please dont go easy on me...im used to fights after being injured" Getting up Kenshi waited for rika or cloud to respond
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:56 am

"Umm, its out back... But... Hes hurt... A lot... So he has to be up for it. Well out back I mean exit out the back door and follow the path way." rika sounded nervous, did she really think that Cloud was going to go all out on an injured kid?

then kenshi spoke up as well, "Yes I'm up to it, just lead me to the dojo, and also please don't go easy on me...im used to fights after being injured." Cloud just sighed, taking the lantern from Rika.

"Well I guess we'll be back in about an hour, if not it probably means we're both dead..." seeing the look of horror on Rika's face he held up his hands, "I'm kidding"

With that, Cloud headed out of the house with Kenshi close behind. It only took a couple of minutes to reach the dojo and Cloud was sure that during the day you would be able to see it from the house. They reached the main doors and Cloud pushed them open and proceeded to use his lantern to light the ones inside the room.

When they were all lit they stood in the middle of a large room with wooden floorboards. on one wall there were half a dozen human shaped targets painted on and on the wall opposite that there was a rack which held dozens of Kunais and Shurikens, all of which had clearly seen plenty of use and were fairly worn down.

Turning to face Kenshi Cloud said, "well, lets start simple, grab a couple of kunais and throw them at one of those targets"
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:07 am

Kenshi had hoped it was a actual battle but instead it was like his academy student exams, Making a frown kenshi grabed the kunai and quickly jumped back to his starting position and flung the kunai at the targets. All of the kunai hit their mark and dug into the targets frame. Smiling slightly kenshi cracked his back and said "So your going to make sure i have the basic skills of a genin?" Giving another sigh as he felt his back crack he looked back at cloud. The ninja who was slowly becoming his friend made a impression on him and he decided to show cloud he wasnt a easy target
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:25 am

Cloud couldn't help but grin as Kenshi nailed the target with every kunai he threw, he had to admit he had underestimated him.
"So your going to make sure i have the basic skills of a enin?" he asked, clearly proud of his ability.
Cloud had to laugh, " yeah, I was taught that its always best to start with the basics and work up from there."

returning to the rack, Cloud examiend what else was there. he dug out four Frisbee looking things that were also quite battered.
Turning back to Kenshi he handed him 4 kunai's. "I'm going to throw these in the air and I want you to try and hit them" he explained as he went to the other side of the room.

Kenshi nodded, taking up his stance.

"Alright, go!" Cloud shouted as he threw all 4 discs into the air in different directions. After seeing his demonstration with the kunai's earlier, Cloud wasn't sure what to expect from him, and couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation as to how Kenshi would do.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:40 am

Cloud had told him a completly new challenege and it wasnt one that he completly excelled in either. As the 4 frisbees quickly flew at him kenshi quickly took out 4 kunai and threw them at the incoming missiles. Most of the kunai hit dead center but one clipped a frisbee on the edge but still hit the mark and nailed them to the roof. Giving a smile he said "That wasnt hard at all cloud, what else do you got to throw at me?" Kenshi said this with a sense of happiness in his voice and even seemed happy to. If cloud looked at kenshi he could tell kenshi was anxious to fight somone even after recieving a beating hours before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 am

Cloud saw Kenshi's display and really couldn't fault it, 3 dead center hits and one that hit closer to the edge but still pinned it to the wall... there was obviously nothing this kid lacked as far as basics were concerned and yet somehow he could get the crap beaten out of him by some cowardly street kids? It didn't make sense.

Seeing kenshi's eagerness to spar he sighed, something he had been doing a lot in the past two days. "Alright, clearly you have a lot more talent than I gave you credit for, but before we spar I have to ask you something. how is it that your so skilled and yet you got beaten by some kids who weren't even ninja?"

As Cloud waited for an answer he fished around the weapons rack until he found what he was looking for. 8 kunais made of rubber. they were the exact shape and weight of normal kunai, except they could be used safely in a practice battle without fear of killing the opponent. he made a mental note to thank Rika again for having such an awesome dojo before handing 4 of the kunais to kenshi.
He also took off his body holster and cape so that he wouldn't reflexively throw a real kunai and to increase his mobility.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:57 am

Kenshi was happy that cloud had finally said to spar but then he asked a question that gave kenshi aches when he thought of the answer. Catching the 4 rubber kunai he looked them over and with a slight smile put them away. He to put his ANBU mask on and made sure the rest was ok. If he lost or injured any part he would be devastated. Looking back at cloud he said "That is a long story...you see it happened 2 days ago, The akumakage had sent me and my team off to hunt down missing ninja and kill them. As you could think they arent push overs and we underestimated them. But basucally i strayed off on my own and i was attacked by a giant missing nin..well compared to my size, I had suffered serious injuries but had won in the end with help from a passerby genin. So you see it is due to the fact that I am already heavily damaged and if rika found anything it was most likely done by the missing nin...those bullies dont have that kind of power to harm me greatly" with that kenshi smiled and relaxed his pose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 am

Cloud nodded as kenshi explained his injuries, it all made sense now. All of the injuries were from the previous battle that he described, not the on that Cloud had witnessed, apparently that had just been the final straw that put him down for the count. nut now Cloud had yet another question.

"Kenshi... that mask... that's an Anbu mask isn't it? Surely your not an Anbu member so where did it come from?"
Cloud could see Kenshi was itching for a fight and Cloud didn't like having to make him wait, but he was extremely curious about that mask.

Kenshi had relaxed his stance, so Cloud hoped that meant he would answer his question before they fought
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:11 am

To kenshi some subjects were touchie and some subjects werent, the mask was in the middle of them both. Touching the mask with his index finger kenshi said to cloud "No cloud....im not an anbu member...but my father was....This is his mask, i was given it in remembrance of him after he and my mother died. Its most likely the only thing i have left from them and its a very special object to me...but more then that i wasnt even given the mask....i had to find it...." He was curious as to why cloud had wondered but then again many did. He was still in a relaxed form and was soon lost in thought of the mask's origins and how he had obtained it the night of both his parents dieing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 am

Cloud listened intently to kenshi's explanation regarding the mask and noticed he was very vague about how he actually obtained it. Cloud knew when someone had a secret they didn't particularly wish to share, after all he had some of his own so he didn't push the matter any further.

"Alright, that's enough questions I think. lets get down to business." As soon as Cloud said those words Kenshi brightened up immediately. "Alright, this is a training drill i learned from my grandfather..." As soon as Cloud said the words 'training drill' kenshin looked bored. "Hey! let me explain it before you give up on it" he laughed.

"As you see we have 4 kunai's each. the aim is to hit the opponent more times than they can hit you. If the kunai touches the floor then you cant pick it up." Kenshi still looked bored but cloud continued with his explanation. "But, that's the easy part." he produced 2 black blindfolds from one of his pockets.

"We have to wear these while we're doing it and we can only use our weakest hand the whole time."
kenshi now had an expression on his face that Cloud couldn't place.
"So Kenshi, are you up for a the challenge?" he taunted, holding one of the blindfolds out for him to take.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 am

The challenge was very intriguing to kenshi, he had never heard of a drill like this one before and it peeked his intrest. The look on his face was of wonder and he reached out to grab the blindfold. Grabbing onto it he took off his mask and quickly tied the blindfold around his head to then quickly put his mask back on, Turning to where he supposed cloud was he said "Sure im up for the challenge but lets see if Im as good as i think i will be" with that sentence Kenshi got into a form with a rubber kunai in his right hand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:06 am

Cloud put on his own blindfold, everything instantly went almost pitch black, save for the tiny amount of light that got through the black cloth, making the experience like being in the middle of all smoke bombs, made even worse by the low light condition.
"Alright, you ready to start?" he asked very loudly before silently taking several steps to his left.

It was the oldest trick in the book, now it was time to see if kenshi would fall for it, Cloud held one of his rubber kunais in his left hand ready to throw while the others were tucked into his belt waiting for a response from kenshi who was somewhere in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:58 pm

In front of him was blurry and all he could see was a slight blob move, He thought of this as being the one place that was lightless. Slowly moving backwards Kenshi waited until he could hear any distinct sound before throwing a kunai. After hearing Cloud yell out for them to begin. Kenshi held up the kunai and slowly backpedaled until he hit a wall. Pressing himself tightly against the wall he yelled out to cloud "Trieing to fool me are you?" Kenshi waited for cloud to make a move after that pronouncment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Cloud smiled as Kenshi fell for the trick and called out to him, throwing his kunai in the direction of the sound. He remembered all teh times his grandfather had tricked him that way and for a moment he had a feeling of nostalgia before pullign himself to teh present.
he heard a thud as the kunai hit something, but with the blind fold he wasn't sure if he he had hit his target or something else

with his left hand he gently eased his second kunai from his belt and with tactics born from two years of playing this game, he very gently crouched down, reaching out to his right as far as he could with his foot and tapping it on the ground twice so it sounded like he was walking in the other direction. He immediately whipped his foot back so it wouldn't get his if his trick worked
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Kenshi had moved to the side as cloud threw the rubber kunai but was still hit on the arm. Unhappy that he was hit kenshi instantly threw 2 of his own rubber kunai one after the other in the direction the one that hit him come from. He didnt hear anything but he hoped and supposed that the kunai had hit its target. Shortly after throwing the kunai kenshi silently sidestepped to the other edge of the room to get out of clouds range of area. This drill was new to kenshi and it dumbfounded along with confused him. He had know idea how to win and had few ideas of techniques to do it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:43 pm

As Cloud began to stand up he felt twin rushes of air go past either side of his face and his eyes widened beneath the blindfold.
if he had turned around and taken his blind fold off he would have seen the two projectiles embedded in the wall with just enough space between them to fit his head.

Cloud knew in that instant that the only reason hr could win this time was because kenshi had never done this before. for a blind, off handed throw he had done far better then he had on his first try already. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes, turning the shroud from the blindfold into complete darkness as he listened for breathing, footsteps, the sound of a kunai being thrown, anything to alert him to kenshi's presence.

Then he heard it, the faint sound of clothes brushing against each other. it was a sound that he never would have picked up had he not been drilled in this fashion by his grandfather ever since he had been adopted by them. in a flash he threw all three of his kunai towards the sound. One straight towards it but the other two were aimed lower and to either side.

His grandfather had taught him that when blind, most enemies tend to dive to one side and Cloud had been nailed by this combination many times before, now he just had to see if he hit and dodge kenshi's remaining kunai.
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Kenshi stood and waited to hear or feel or even see the slightest blob or sound to indicate where cloud was or where he might be headed, For kenshi no such luck came. Then he felt it, A rubber kunai hit his chest and 2 thudded on the floor to his sides. The pain was mild but he never really liked it and it surprised him to a extreme. Letting out a yelp he jumped up and quickly trieid to recover by throwing his last 2 rubber kunai at cloud. This kind of exercise wasnt in his field but not many were since he never really cared for them. He went through the thoughts in his mind of his training at the academy and his lack of commitment then, well that was before his parents died. Shaking back to reality he realized he never landed himself and hit the floor with a quiet thud when he jumped in surprise to the kunai hitting him.

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Cloud heard one of the kunai make soft thud as it hit kenshi and he yelped. But the yelp disguised the whistling sound of his last two kunai. one of them whistled past and hit him in the ear, making it sting and the other hit him square in the center of his forehead which was luckily covered by his headband. never the less, the impact gave him a slight headache.

Knowing that they were both out of kunais Cloud took off his blindfold and was surprised to see kenshi lying on the floor in an odd position. Before he could help himself he burst out laughing. In between fits, he managed to say, "you can take off your blindfold now, I think we can call this one a draw", then he leaned against the wall and gave in to the laughter

when he finally stopped laughing and he wiped the tears from his eyes he started picking up all the kunais that they had used and put them away. "Well, I think your more than qualified to come with us. if you still want to that is." he began putting out the lanterns as he spoke
Back to top Go down
Kenshi Orekami
Akumakage
Akumakage

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Hearing the word draw wasnt very pleasing to kenshi but he supposed it was better then lose. Hearing cloud laugh hurt his feeling but he figured it was to him and to know that he fell in that position he must have removed his blindfold. Reaching back he removed his blindfold and frowned as cloud finished laughing. Hearing cloud say he could go with he and rika please kenshi pretty greatly. Nodding he said "Um yes cloud i would very much" Following cloud closely he went with him back to the Rika's home

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a journey to find the murder   

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a journey to find the murder
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next