War of Attrition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto war of attrition main site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Day Another Dollar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karame Kyoutou
Sound Jounin
Sound Jounin
Karame Kyoutou

Character sheet
Village: Sound

Another Day Another Dollar Empty
PostSubject: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm

It was mid-morning and the streets of the Sound village were already buzzing. The young genin were chasing stray cats up and down the various alley ways giggling and screaming as they ran. The Jonin were standing around in the midst of deep conversation. Periodically Karame would try and listen in, but he could only catch every other word and none of it made sense. Most likely they were talking in code to confuse would be ease droppers such as himself. The newly appointed chunin were also out and about, each of them walking with a revitalized pep in their step, no doubt from their recent promotion. Karame always thought it was funny how much those promotions meant to some people, defining their very existence. He had been a Chunnin for years now, and it wasn't because he didn't have the skills to move up, it was that he had no desire to. Well that and the fact that this village didn't know of his rank as a ninja. He always took extra precaution to keep it on the need to know basis and nobody in the Sound village needed to know. As far as they were concerned he was just a young wandering shop keeper who laid his roots in their village, and that's just how he liked it. No muss, no fuss, and nobody thinking to point the finger at him when the authorities came knocking.

With his hands in his pockets Karame drug his feet along the ground as if he were ice skating. Each sliding stride caused a bit more dust to kick up around ankles causing the cuffs of his black cargo pants to become a brownish two tone. Behind him he began hearing a medley of harsh coughs, prompting him to turn around. When he did he noticed that the dust plum around his ankles was only the tip of the iceberg, there was cloud roughly five feet high that extended back at least six shop lengths. Keeping his decision to not make wave Karame bolted down the nearest alley, the steel chrome plates on his boots jingling like bells with each step. Looking back over his shoulder and not seeing anyone chasing he stopped to catch his breath. Hiking up his pants which fell during his "getaway" Karame tighten his head band which he fashioned into a belt after departing from his home village. Straightening out his black cloak that sat slightly off center on both his shoulder, held in place around his neck by loose fitting piece of fabric that resembled the collar of a turtle neck he peeked out the back end of the alley, he found a new short cut. Deeming the coast clear he slipped out of the tightly cramped corridor between buildings and made his way down two more shop lengths to his establishment. Pulling a ring of keys from his pocket, many of which went to no actual lock he separated one from the bunch, and sticking in the pad lock on the front of his shops steel curtain he unlocked it. Unlatching the lock he grabbed the bottom of the segmented steel wall and in one effortless motion he thrust it upwards, a thunderous rumble shaking the small side street as the gate sifted loudly around it's spool. "Master Massages Is Now Open!" he called out as he walked into the shop, preparing for another monotonous day of honest work.
Back to top Go down
Karame Kyoutou
Sound Jounin
Sound Jounin
Karame Kyoutou

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm

"Thank you, come again anytime." Karame was about half way through the work day, and business was unusually slow. Given that he was already having second thoughts about this whole massage parlor idea, the slow business day did nothing to help the situation. Grabbing a white cotton towel from a stack of seven other neatly folded clothes he began to wipe down his table. His last customer was heavy set man, and he left his fair share of personal oils on the apparatus. In addition to the thick layer of good he was also kind enough to leave a sour stench lingering in the air. "The things I do to avoid imprisonment.." Karame said to himself, while finishing up the wipe down. By the time he was finished the soft white towel had turned a dingy yellow, and though it could be washed, Karame didn't want to risk having to touch it again, clean or not. So now holding it lightly between his index finger and thumb like a pair of dirty panties he walked across the dusty floor towards two foot high aluminum trash can. Stepping down hard on the foot pedal on the front of the can the lid gave a high squeak before raising open, revealing a yellow shopping bag that Karame used instead of a trash bag in an effort to save money. Dropping the damp towel in the can there was splat as well as the sound of the plastic bag rustling at the towel stuck to it and pulled it down to the bottom of the can. Letting out a sigh Karame knew that eventually he'd have to reach in there and pull out the unsettled bag and he would run a risk of touching the soiled towel again and all he could do was sigh. Shaking his head he lift his foot off the trash can's pedal, the lid no squeaking this time, but still making a sound as it slammed shut, the metal on metal collision reminiscent of a marching bands symbols.

Stepping out into his shops doorway he gazed both ways down the sidewalk. Sure there were a few people, but at this point in his life he was pretty good at judging books by their cover, and nobody's cover said they wanted a massage. "Staying open when the business is as slow as it is right now just seems like a waste of time." he said out loud to nobody in particular. He routinely found himself talking to himself, if only to try and offer a voice of reason to challenge his sometime less than stellar decisions. It wasn't thirty seconds before he had his shop fully closed up, steel door and all. Then wasting no time he slipped his hands into his pocket and began walking down the very alley he discovered earlier in the day. His shop was closed, but his business day wasn't yet over. There was still money to be made.
Back to top Go down
Karame Kyoutou
Sound Jounin
Sound Jounin
Karame Kyoutou

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:42 pm

The sun was beginning to set and Karame found himself surrounded. It certainly wasn't a position he liked to be in normal, but in this case he brought it on himself. "Gather round everyone. For a fee of only five dollars I'll imitate anyone in this crowd to a tee!" Naturally his words caused a mummer of skepticism through the crowd. Most of them knew of ninja abilities and they were well aware of the transformation jutsu, so he to imitate somebody wasn't that great a talent in their eyes. Predicting the public's thoughts Karame began a harder sell. "I just need one person to step up to the plate. This will be a freebie, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!"

It was funny, everyone was gathered so close to him, maybe within ten feet if not closer, yet nobody wanted to step forward. Even the mummers through the crowd stopped, nobody wanted to break the anonymity that they had when clustered together. That is until one "brave" soul stepped forward. A little with shoulder length blue hair that looked a bit raggedy. She didn't appear to be poor even though she had smudges of dirt on her face. She stopped just in front of Karame and stared up at him. Smiling back at her he dropped to his knee, "And what's your name princess?"

The child smiled back with a gap toothed grin, she couldn't have been more than five or six years old if one were to guess her age by her missing front teeth. "Jasmine!" she said with an enthusiasm that brought an even wider, and now genuine smile to Karame's face.

"Nice to meet you Jasmine. My name is Karame. Do you mind being a part of my show?" he asked politely.

"Nopes!" she said shaking her head, her hair flipping wildly to and fro. Then suddendly she pulled a small pink pouch from her waist and handed it to Karame.

Hearing the jingle from the bag Karame figured it was money and pushed it back towards the girl. "This free." Standing back up with a slight groan the ninja dusted himself off. "Now come here." he said directing Jasmine to stand to his right and face the crowd. Shifting his hands into one quick hand seal he smirked. "Henge No Jutsu!" Immediately following his words there was a puff of white smoke, and as it cleared the spectators shoved and maneuvered themselves to get a better view. Karame had changed into what could easily pass for Jasmine's identical twin. Naturally the crowd gave him a courtesy applause, but none of them seemed especially impressed, some even going as far to start walking away. "Wait!" Karame called his voice exactly like Jasmines. That caught their attention. Routinely with Transformation Jutsu the user could take on the targets image but not their voice. "So are you all impressed?" Karame asked, sporting the same toothless grin his new friend did earlier. The crowd then erupted into a round of applause, a sincere round of applause. Admist the cheers he could ear the shuffle of people reaching for their wallets as well as their calls for him to mock them next. "Ok, I'll be sure to get to everyone, just have you money in hand to make things move quickly." he said, and the crowd obeyed.

Morphing back into himself he took stock of the amount of people around him and the earnings he would gather in this short hour of work. "Ok now I'll show you one more trick." he whispered, his drop in volume causing the crowd to close in in order to hear. Popping one of his highly polished chrome kunai from his he spun it skillfully on his finger before snatching it out of the air. That prompted a few ohhs and ahhhs from the crowd. Next he pulled out his lighter and flicked it open. "Watch closely you won't want to miss this." Striking his thumb against the steel wheel a few times the lighter sparked, and then a modest flame shot up and danced in the breeze. Bringing both the lighter and the kunai up to chest level he held the polished piece of metal behind the flame. "Solar Flare No Jutsu!" It was like a giant flash bulb went off, a bright light filling their area and blinding all surrounding Karame. Quickly holstering both his lighter and kunai he sprang into action, swiping the money from each persons hand, happily depositing it into his pocket. By the time the light subsided Karame was gone. It took a few moments for everyone to realize what had happened and that it wasn't part of the show, and needless to say they were outraged.

Off in a near by forest Karame sat on a thick tree branch his back resting against the body of the tree as he counting his loot. "Not bad, not bad at all." he said smiling. "Oh I almost forgot." He pulled the small pink sack from his pocket and opened it up, dumping the contents into his palm. There was some lint and about ten gold coins. "Wow, who knew kids walked around with this type of coin?" remarked as bit down on one of the coins to make sure they weren't chocolate. They were real gold.

This lifestyle always ran the risk of going to jail, but the money just couldn't be beat. The problem now was that he did his work a little too close to the village this time around. Surely some of the people he tricked lived there and would report him if they hadn't already. It was again time to move on, either that or permanently transform into somebody else. For now he would relax. All of his worries would be worked out when he work up.

As Karame nodded off he felt a vibration on his branch. Opening his eyes he caught sight of rather large figure looming over him. He couldn't make out their features, they positioned themselves right in front of the setting sun causing an almost perfect silhouette effect. "You're a hard man to find Karame Kyoutou..." the man said in a horse whisper, an assassins blade peeking out from under his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Karame Kyoutou
Sound Jounin
Sound Jounin
Karame Kyoutou

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:16 pm

"Crap," Karame thought to himself. He was careless. There should have been no way that somebody could have followed him let alone get this close him. The most insulting part of this situation was that he was approached from the front. Disgusted with himself he decided that he wouldn't even both denying his identity. "Is this about money?"

"Money?" The man in black laughed at the idea of him coming all this way over some old debt. "No my boy, this isn't about money." Pulling back his long sleeve he fully revealed the blade he had been poorly concealing. The edge of the blade was jagged and chinked. Though he could sneak around like an assassin it was obvious that stealth kills weren't his strong suit. A blade could only become damaged if it had been used to defend against other blades or attacks. A competent assassin wouldn't leave an opening that would allow them to be attacked. Karame noticed this, and his heart rate slowed a bit, his chances of survival had increased slightly.

"If it's not money then what is it that you want?" Karame asked, not really caring too much about the cloaked mans response. At this point he was just stalling for time. He guessed this guy wasn't an proficient killer, but in his sitting position he couldn't make many offensive maneuvers, npt that he'd want to. He has always been the evasive type, making it a point to avoid his own death and the deaths of others even if they attacked him.

The man in black stood silent for a moment. Then in the blink of an eye he busted out two quick hand seals, his blade be coming engulfed in electricity. From beneath his hood Karame could make a goulish grin, but before he could get caught up in thought, guessing how a persons teeth became that yellow the man thrust his blade down and through the center of his chest. Even with the blade planted deep within Karame's chest the crackle of electricity was prominent in the quiet forest. Instead of rejoicing in the fact that he eliminated his target the man in black let out a sigh, "I see." The object that appeared to be the body of Karame then exploded in a cloud of white smoke revealing itself to be a dead log. "Replacement jutsu..."

From above his position there was a rustle in the tree's leaves, and instinctively the man in black pointed his sparking blade in it's direction. In a break in the leaves there was a slight reflection of the man in blacks blade. "Solar Flare No Jutsu!" Karame yelled, his high polished kunai magnifying the power of the light emanated from the man in blacks blade, flooding the area in a blinding white light. Within seconds Karame was 50 yards away and only gaining distance. "That should buy me some time." he thought, as he started to become aware of his lack of conditioning, his chest was already burning. Seeing as passing out in the middle of escaping would defeat the whole purpose of "escaping" Karame ducked behind a large redwood. The base of tree was massive, stretching at least 75 feet around. It's height, he couldn't even gauge it. It's top disappeared into the clouds, resembling something out of a popular child hood fairy tail. Panting he leaned against the base of the tree, his head looking like a sprinkler as he scanned the area before him left to right before scanning in the reverse direction.

"You're fast." a voice said from above. Kicking his foot back against the wooden wall to his back Karame pushed himself away from the tree dropping into a front roll. Plucking a kunai from his he spun on his knee to face the source of the voice. Catching a glimpse his eyes widened, "Impossible..." he muttered. It was the man in black.

"Impossible? Noooo. It's very possible as you can see." the cloaked man said as he defied gravity, standing with his feet firmly planets against the tree so that his body was perpendicular to the ground. "Your solar flare jutsu is very effective, or so I've heard. It can't be defended against, by shielding, closing, or turning your eyes away from the technique. The only true way to avoid any affects of the jutsu is to have no eyesight what so ever. For the first time being bling is an advantage."

"Well good for you..." Karame responded, now trying to think of a new means of escape. "Before you rudely attacked me I asked you a question. What is the meaning of this?"

"You're a demon, and before you kill again I will eliminate you." The man in black said with such hatred in his tone that his words nearly felt like their were burning Karame's ear drums.
Back to top Go down
Karame Kyoutou
Sound Jounin
Sound Jounin
Karame Kyoutou

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:51 pm

"Er....no..." It wasn't much but that was the only thing Karame could come up with in his confused state. Was this guy for real? Did he honestly think Karame was demon?

Through out his life Karame had done a lot of dirt, and he wronged a lot of people, friends and strangers alike. Even earlier that day he swindled money from a child. But he was no monster, no demon. A no good-nick, sure. A bad seed, absolutely. Hell he wouldn't bat an eyelash if somebody went as far as to call him a bastard. But to be called a demon was just unheard of. It wasn't the claim that he was demon that confused him as much as the mans conviction when he said it did. This man in black, with his serrated blade and his clouded eyes seemed so certain, so absolutely positive that the words he spoke were fact. His murderous intent was undeniable.

"Are you denying it?!" The man in black yelled, spittle flying from his mouth. His words more accusatory than one would expect from somebody asking a question.

Noticing the man in blacks blade taking on its electricity fueled aura Karame was quick to respond. "No, no I'm not." Karame's eyes shot back and forth again checking his surroundings for a means of escape. "I'm just trying to say I'm no demon. I'm also no killer, so I don't see where all this is coming from." Usually he was quick on his feet, but there was something about the situation that caused him to have a mental lapse. His normally cool head was no more and he was just spouting off at the mouth with whatever seemed like it would make the man in black sheath his blade. "Maybe you have misinformation, I'd gladly pay your way back to whoever hired you so you could confirm what you were told." The man in black didn't speak. The only noise coming from him was the sounds of his low growl-like breaths and the popping the electric on his blade. "For all you know I could have lied about who I was. After all it's not like you were shown a picture me, you being blind an all..."

Apparently the mentioning of him being blind was The Man In Black's red button, because without warning he lunged forward plunging his blade into Karame's chest just missing his heart. A violent surge of energy pulsated through Karame's body. He tried to scream out, but when he opened his mouth nothing came out. He could feel death setting in, and he was powerless to defend himself. As his eyes rolled up into the back of his head he caught on final glimpse of the man in black and then everything went black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Another Day Another Dollar Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day Another Dollar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
War of Attrition :: Villages :: Village of the Sound-
Jump to: